QiagenCu normă întreagă Zi plină
At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees – more than 5000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people’s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
We are seeking a talented and motivated scientist to join the Scientific Data Curation Team at Qiagen This full-time position will require primary responsibility to curate genomics data from various disease areas, and to develop data analysis plans/pipelines to generate biological meaningful results and visualizations. By collaboratively working with internal research and software development team, the successful candidate will integrate acquired knowledge into our efforts to build a strong analytic pipeline to process large scale genomics dataset and developed innovative technology to deliver high-throughput data in a user-friendly fashion.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Review the scientific publications, protocols or other documentation to evaluate study aims, design, methods and research findings, and documents these information accordingly.
- Coordinate the genomic data curation team to extract, QC, annotate, and organize biological/clinical project and sample meta-data from various sources.
Understanding key pathways and mechanisms that may underlie disease processes in immunological diseases, diabetes, obesity, and/or heart disease, preferred.
- Knowledge and experiences with microarray and/or next generation sequencing data analysis, preferred.
- Very well organized, with the ability to prioritize effectively their workload.
- Experiences using scripts or programming a plus.
- Experience with scientific/clinical ontologies and metadata issues.
- Experience constructing or maintaining a controlled vocabulary.
- Experience in curating and handling large data sets with understanding of requirements for auto-processing and long-term data archiving.
Successful applicants should be detail-oriented and have good communication skills.
- PhD (2+ years of working experience) or Master's degree (5+ years of working experience) with strong background in molecular biology, immunology, metabolic diseases, cardiovascular diseases or related biomedical fields.
- Familiar with current trend of clinical and academic research in immunology, human genetics and biomedical medicine.
- Working experience in pharmaceutical industry a plus.
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, or disability.
Job Reference: EMEA02351
Acest job a expirat. Utilizați formularul de căutare pentru a găsi locuri de muncă active sau pentru a trimite CV-ul.