Booking Holdings Romania - Data Analyst
Booking HoldingsCu normă întreagă Zi plină
Data Analysts are the drivers of how data is leveraged in solving business problems within their area. They are able to use their experience to consult with stakeholders in problem-definition, setting success metrics and shaping the way forward through data insights and effective communication with their audience.
We are looking for experienced data analysts who would play a critical role in the executions of one of the biggest data migration efforts from our current Hadoop platform to snowflake based but not limited cloud platform but not limited to this.
Data Analysts will be able to deep-dive into current business processes running on legacy systems and follow the enterprise tooling, standards and processes to migrate those into new cloud frameworks. After successful migration, data analysts are also responsible to work with relevant business teams in data validations across legacy and new platforms and will develop automated/manual data quality checks to ensure acceptable level of data reconciliation to receive business sign-off for successful migration.
Data Analysts will continue to evolve and act as independent technical experts to business teams. They are responsible for architecting and modeling required data in such a manner that there is a sustained data lifecycle for collecting, transforming and delivering key data assets in such a way that business value can be unlocked in an operational manner. They prioritize their work for business impact, efficiently adapt to business needs, and manage expectations accordingly. They combine their understanding of the business with the knowledge of data, workflows, methods and tooling to largely autonomously drive analysis and reporting within the scope of their team. They can adapt existing tooling and approaches based on business and user needs. They collaborate with peers in their craft and follow best practices ensuring data quality and stability
As a member of the data andamp; analytics team the individual will be responsible for execution of migration steps, generating data driven analysis, reporting, running root cause analysis and data reconciliations to support business stakeholders.
Key Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for owning the design and delivery of parts of Data Analytics solutions based on business requirements, contributing to bringing them from the initial idea-generation phase to implementation with some supervision.
- You will collect feedback and always search for opportunities to improve the existing standardized dashboards.
- You will identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve the performance of the dashboards, such as by creating data models, together with data engineers.
- You will work closely with data architecture to build robust data models downstream of backend services (preferably in SnowFlake) that support internal reporting and financial and regulatory use cases.
- Participate in the design and implementation of Data Vault 2.0 in Snowflake, aiding in the migration from Hadoop to cloud and ensuring smooth and efficient transitions.
- Responsible for working independently on consuming data and preparing it for analytical use, as well as translating business problems to data stories. Can ask for guidance on more complex tasks.
- You will build and test code of data transformation pipelines in SQL and/or python, DBT and SnowFlake based on the business requirements.
- You will be responsible for the operational maintenance of the data pipelines and dashboards to ensure the reports are updated and distributed according to SLA and SLO.
- Leverages available big data platforms to run root cause analysis, data reconciliations and shares the insights with the business team.
- Lead, define and manage best practices for our Data Warehouse.
- Responsible for answering business questions in the most efficient way through use of previous knowledge and experience on data analysis.
- Responsible for connecting and collaborating with junior to mid level stakeholders under guidance of the manager, by using effective communication, addressing their needs and conveying complex analysis results clearly.
- Responsible for growing their own craft skills while leveraging Data Analytics for impact on well defined business problems.
- Responsible for being flexible in adopting existing internal Data Analytics approaches and expanding their technical competencies when a more efficient way presents itself.
- Must be familiar with the larger data ecosystem at Booking and Booking Holding Inc and how it relates to the work they do.
- Must have high level knowledge about the goals of the department.
- Responsible for networking and proactively connecting with craft peers beyond the team scope.
- Is flexible in adopting and proposing new approaches and expanding their technical competencies when a more efficient way presents itself.
- Expected to get significant deep knowledge about the operational, tactical and strategic workings of the department. Has a main focus on business and technical opportunities.
- Organize and present your findings in a meaningful way to make sure your stakeholders are able to make the right decision.
Role Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor degree;
- 1-3 Years of relevant Job Knowledge;
- Basic hands-on experience in several data and analytics environments
- Work experience with Cloud database and services (preferably Snowflake andamp; DBT)
- Knowledge on test automation and CI/CD tooling, such as git, GitHub or GitLab
- Working experience with AWS cloud services will be considered as a plus
- Reporting solutions using tools such as MicroStrategy, Tableau but also open source web applications to demonstrate data as visualizations is a plus
- Basic experience with SQL
- Python or scripting experience
- Data modeling experience to translate business requirements into data designs
- Working knowledge of cloud ecosystems andamp; Hadoop in general to review and develop plan for performance improvements
- Problem-solving mindset, data driven approach, strong business acumen andamp; communication skills
- Experience with troubleshooting technique and fixing the code bugs both independently and collaboratively
- Collaborative team spirit, problem solving approach
Benefits andamp; Perks
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Technical, behavioral and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Vast amounts of data to validate your ideas and the opportunity to experiment with real users
Booking Holdings is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.