IT Business Services Consultant - SAP Basis/Hana, Bucharest
SAPCu normă întreagă Zi plină
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
Summary & Role Information:
At SAP ECS MEE level we need to provide the right level of service for our biggest customers and it has been decided to extend the LCO team within ECS. The team will provide an E2E service, working dedicated for our large customers and operating the entire SAP landscapes including several of the largest HANA-based systems (e.g. 2x24TB ERP scale-out).
In your new role, you will work as L3 support and in case of major incidents will support the fast restore of services. In addition, we will focus on proactive aspects to optimize and prevent harm from our environments. To achieve this a deep technical understanding of technologies and operation is required.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Ensure high availability of customer service by supporting service restoration in critical situation and provide L3 level support
- Analyse current landscape setups and come up with proposals for improvement
- Collaborate with different teams from within the ECS organization and outside to ensure excellent customer satisfaction
- Ability to own, lead and coordinate operational tasks, process improvements.
- 2-4 years of experience as SAP Basis consultant / System Database Administrator or in a similar role
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree Studentin Computer or Electronics & Communication Engineering / Computer science / Information Technology systems/ Computer applications / IT Business Systems
- Certification in SAP BASIS/HANA DB is an advantage (if not, should be able to complete the certification)
- Strong customer service focus, paired with analytical and solution-oriented thinking
- Knowledge of either the ABAP stack or non-ABAP stacks with excellent understanding of IT operations
- Knowledge on HANA and the underlying infrastructure is beneficial
- Good know-how on SAP Technologies, Products and cross dependencies like integration and communication.
- Ability to work in international teams and under pressure, constantly adding value to customer and within organization
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate and escalate Issues
- Experience in communication with customers and managing expectations
- Strong customer focus and service minded
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Good analytical and solution-oriented thinking
- Good team player and ability to work effectively in international and virtual teams
- Continually develop SAP solution core skills and business knowledge based on accumulated experience.
- Able to provide knowledge transfer from certain technology areas
- Proactive in learning and highly self-motivated
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
About the team:
Enterprise Cloud Services (ECS) is part of the Product Engineering board area and consists of SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud (HEC) and Cloud Application Services (CAS). As private cloud managed services provider, HEC Delivery is offering a key aspect in the intelligent business transformation journey of our customers and by joining forces with CAS, we enter a new era of end-to-end service experience for our customers
Location: future employee could be located either in Timisoara or Bucharest office
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: [email protected]
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 373595 | Work Area: Information Technology | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.