Supply Chain Manager 1
CelesticaCu normă întreagă Zi plină
Req ID: 119008
Remote Position: Hybrid
Functional Area: SCM - Supply Chain Management
Career Stream: SCM - Supply Chain Management
Role: Manager 1
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager 1
Job Code: MG1-SCM
Band: Level 09
Direct/Indirect Indicator: Indirect
This job is a first-level manager within a site. Provides direct management to semi-skilled and entry level professional employees performing diverse and/or specialized roles, or employees in more than one function or work group. This includes establishing annual plans/objectives and interpretation of policies related to the functional area. Contributes to policy development. Work is performed within established professional standards and practices. Receives assignments in the form of tasks and goals and follows established processes to meet the goals of the unit. Executes budgets, develops schedules, and enforces policies and procedures. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results may have a negative impact on the divisions/departments operations, schedules, and/or performance goals. Provides immediate supervision to employees in more than one function or work group, assigning tasks and checking work at regular intervals. Directs subordinates to achieve assignments using established guidelines, procedures, and policies. Makes hiring and firing decisions. Reviews employees performance and recommends employee compensation; coaches for improved performance and disciplines as necessary. Interacts directly with subordinates and peer groups. Builds strong internal and external relationships that require exchanging of information and providing explanations in a problem solving capacity.
Performs tasks such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Manages staff to ensure timely and accurate purchase, movement and control of inventory.
- Maintains responsibility for performance management, development, recognition, coaching and compensation of employees.
- Reassigns personnel as necessary to optimize work.
- Acts as a liaison with customers to ensure forecast commitments are met.
- Maintains continuous material supply, including pricing, on-time delivery, tracking excess and obsolete inventory, maintaining appropriate inventory levels and turns.
- Reviews production schedules and changes to define the material requirements.
- Addresses and resolves possible material shortages.
- Works with other departments to review and dispose of non-conforming materials.
- Acts as a liaison between customer project management and internal departments on the introduction of new product requirements.
- Ensures bill of materials, pricing structure, supplier base, etc., is cost effective.
- Recognizes cost impact of excess and obsolescence and actively seeks return on investment.
- Monitors customer repairs and validates type of warranty and associated costs.
- Works with other departments to meet repair commitments.
- Broad knowledge of an electronic manufacturing environment, materials and processes.
- Excellent knowledge of procurement processes, inventory management and supplier management.
- Good understanding of IT concepts and integrated business applications
- Excellent negotiation and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy and working under tight deadlines.
- Ability to evaluate, prioritize and problem solve a variety of tasks to ensure their timely and accurate completion.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively lead, manage, train and motivate a diverse group of employees.
- Duties of this position are performed in a manufacturing environment with occasional exposure to elements such as noise, dust, chemicals, operating machinery, temperature extremes, etc.
- Duties of this position require continuous light physical effort and exertion including prolonged repetitive motion, standing, sitting in a confined work space, climbing, using equipment, handling lightweight materials, etc.
- Duties of this position require periodic heavy manual effort and considerable exertion including lifting objects over 20 pounds, requiring straining, pulling and lifting.
- Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Five to seven years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Educational requirements may vary by geography.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position. Employees are held accountable for all duties of the job. Job duties and the % of time identified for any function are subject to change at any time.
Celestica is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on any protected status (including race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran or disability status or other characteristics protected by law).
At Celestica we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. Special arrangements can be made for candidates who need it throughout the hiring process. Please indicate your needs and we will work with you to meet them.
Celestica (NYSE, TSX: CLS) enables the world’s best brands. Through our recognized customer-centric approach, we partner with leading companies in Aerospace and Defense, Communications, Enterprise, HealthTech, Industrial, Capital Equipment and Energy to deliver solutions for their most complex challenges. As a leader in design, manufacturing, hardware platform and supply chain solutions, Celestica brings global expertise and insight at every stage of product development – from drawing board to full-scale production and after-market services for products from advanced medical devices, to highly engineered aviation systems, to next-generation hardware platform solutions for the Cloud. Headquartered in Toronto, with talented teams spanning 40+ locations in 13 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia, we imagine, develop and deliver a better future with our customers.
Celestica would like to thank all applicants, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Celestica does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.