Tech Lead - Database SRE
LSEG RomaniaCu normă întreagă Zi plină
We're looking for a Tech Lead - Database SRE with experience on supporting meaningful environments on at least 2 of these 4 RDBMS technologies on both on-premise and in the Cloud (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure).:
- Oracle (RAC, ODG, RMAN, Exadata, perfoandamp;tuning)
- MSSQL (database replica, OS Cluster)
- Postgresql/EDB (pg_rman, BART, database replica, OS Clustering)
- MySQL (installation, administration, system replica, perfoandamp;tuning)
We count on our site reliability engineers (SREs) to empower users with a rich feature set, high availability, and stellar performance level to pursue their missions.
Objectives of this role
- Run the production environment by supervising availability and taking a comprehensive view of system health
- Build software and systems to run platform infrastructure and applications
- Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating for continual improvement
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large-scale distributed software applications
- Collect and analyze metrics from operating systems as well as applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
- Partner with development teams to improve services through thorough testing and release procedures
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management
- Build balanced systems and services through automation and uplifts
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service-level objectives
Skills and qualifications
- Graduate in Information Technology / Maths / Physics / Statistics / Engineering or has an equivalent working experience.Ability to program (structured and OOP) using one or more high-level languages, such as Python, BASH, PERL, Power Shell
- Experience with automation tools BMC Control M, Jenkins, Ansible , Kubernets
- Proactive approach to identifying problems, performance bottlenecks, and areas for improvement.
- Strong persuading and influencing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate efficiently at both business and technical levels.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios! If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career!
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events Team Buildings
LSEG is a leading global financial markets infrastructure and data provider. Our purpose is driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
Our purpose is the foundation on which our culture is built. Our values of Integrity, Partnership, Excellence and Change underpin our purpose and set the standard for everything we do, every day. They go to the heart of who we are and guide our decision making and everyday actions.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 65 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicantsand#39; and employeesand#39; religious practices and beliefs, as well as mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.