DC Network Design - Team Leader
VodafoneCu normă întreagă Zi plină
Your day to day:
- Responsible for all aspects related to the network infrastructure in Global Data Centres including decision on technology, capacity planning and requirements gathering from the customers matching key network aspects such security, reliability, high availability, load balancing and redundancy.
- Evolve legacy setups to new and standard network designs and components removing operational risk.
- Manage relationships with the stakeholders, in particular operations, infrastructure and other customer teams for the design of configuration activities or special projects.
- Manage the network design team, facilitate their development and provide optimal performance.
With these activities you will have a great impact on our business:
- Migration planning and design to evolve legacy network environments into new network components and services
- Provide best in class Solution design for Local Market services to achieve highest availability, service performance as well as scalability of designed solution
- Outline global network design standards to maximise efficiency and standardisation across all the local market services
- Collaborate with operational risk stakeholders and other risk owners during the scoping of design policies, optimisation initiatives and projects
- Capacity planning
- Solution owner and definition of network standards, solutions and building blocks
- Network standardization across global datacentres:
- Drive network standards across Local markets
- Drive and support Network innovations
- Actively influences operational efficiency and operability of the deployed connectivity solutions
- Seeks clarification of risks before taking action to guarantee business continuity
- Drives and coordinates team members, motivates and facilitates their development
With these skills you are a great candidate:
- Good knowledge of Network equipment operation (Cisco router and switches – with a focus on Cisco Nexus, Cisco ASR. etc; F5 Load Balancers, Juniper or Fortinet Firewalls) and of TCP/IP, Routing and switching Protocols
- Good knowledge of telecommunications network systems and their services
- Broad understanding of IP protocols at all layers of the stack and extensive experience with routing, firewall, network virtualisation and switching technologies.
- Deep network knowledge, being able to lead the technical aspects of a Data Centre network
- International experience and background in a complex business environment, as well as the ability to work across an international and distributed team in a complex business environment, fluent in English
Sounds like the perfect job? We’ve got even more to offer:
- Work from Home – hybrid approach
- Medical and dental services
- Life and hospitalization insurance
- Dedicated employee phone subscription
- Special discounts for gyms and retailers
- Annual Company Bonus
- Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel on the job and enhance your skills
- You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology
- Getting in on the ground floor of a technology changing company
- Flexible Vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you
- Special Paternal Program - 4 months of paid paternity leave
We recognize and celebrate the importance of diversity and inclusivity in our workplace so that we are as diverse as the customers and communities we serve. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination especially related to but not limited to race, colour, age, veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation, pregnancy, ethnicity, disability, religion, political affiliation, trade union membership, nationality, indigenous status, medical condition, HIV status, social origin, cultural background, social or marital status.
Worried that you don’t meet all the desired criteria exactly? We are passionate about Inclusion for All and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. So, if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align exactly with every part of the job advert, we encourage you to apply as you may be just the right candidate for this role or another role, and our recruitment team can help see how your skills fit in.