Communications Senior Specialist
Deutsche BankCu normă întreagă Zi plină
Communications Senior Specialist
Job ID: R0270948
The Global Procurement (GP) function enables Deutsche Bank (DB) to optimize supplier relationships to meet its strategic objectives by:
— Partnering across the bank to develop and execute strategies to meet our business requirements.
— Applying our understanding of the supply market and specialized procurement capabilities to optimize value created.
— Enabling the bank to access suppliers by identifying and mitigating vendor risks.
— Managing the platforms to enable efficient and compliant purchasing of goods and services.
The Procurement Capability Development team underpins and enables the ambitions of GP through partnering and strong alignment across the function to deliver transformation, defining learning & development and unlocking value creation. The team is split into sub-teams:
- Global Procurement Strategy and Planning – provides strategic direction and insights to help develop and deliver the procurement vision to 2025 and beyond.
- Data & Analytics - provides access to accurate data and insights to enable and support decision making.
- Group Vendor Management Office - designs, develops, and embeds vendor management standards and best practice in DB.
- Product Management - drives automation and technology developments across the ‘source to pay’ IT platforms.
- Global Procurement Transformation – delivers end-to-end procurement transformation and interoperability requirements.
- Supply Chain Sustainability - embeds sustainability in the supplier lifecycle and along the supply chain.
- Third Party Contracting - redesigns the Bank’s Third Party Contracting (TPC) Operating Model and Legal templates along with deployment of a new technical solution.
Introduction to the role:
The AVP is responsible for the development, coordination, and distribution of GP-wide Communications. The role requires collaboration across the entire GP organization, working with Communications teams in related functions where relevant, and has regular exposure to the GP Leadership Team. The AVP will provide support to the GP Head Strategy & Planning in delivering all aspects of GP-wide communications, as well as ad-hoc projects and initiatives.
- Communication Channels/Platforms – content management, maintenance, recertification, and ongoing development of GP maintained communications sites and portals.
- Drafting and distribution of central GP e-mail communications (aligned in a standard format, in line with a set of agreed communications principles) to GP staff and DB Group stakeholders.
- Preparation and coordination of monthly GP ‘All Hands’ materials and sessions.
- Quarterly dissemination of GP organizational slides, materials and templates, including ‘Know Your GP’ summary.
- Coordination of quarterly ‘New Joiners’ sessions.
- Management of GP articles pipeline, including the prioritization, development and publication of articles to DB Group forums and sites.
- Management of GP’s Communications Calendar.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (PowerPoint essential)
- Confident communicator at all levels
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Assertive self-starter with the ability to take ownership of assignments
- Attention to detail is an imperative
- Excellent team player, capable of working within a global virtual team in a matrix organization
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- German language a bonus
- Organized and structured approach to work
- 3 - 5 years’ communications experience working in a large, global organization
- Procurement experience preferable but not essential
- Very good written English, with experience preparing email communications and presentation materials
- Proven ability to work with multiple stakeholders across different time zones and business teams
- Experience of working with web portals and intranet sites
- Proven track record of delivering work to tight and demanding time-scales
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.