Engineer 1st Line
VodafoneCu normă întreagă Zi plină
Your day to day:
Provides 1st Line specific technical services related to live information systems of telecommunications operators (Vodafone OpCo or JVs).
Provides support for the development, implementation, modification and testing of software and hardware solutions for information systems and telecom applications existing in the networks of operators, in order to meet the quality and response time requirements of projects.
At the request of customers (Vodafone OpCos), it identifies, develops and implements solutions to solve software and hardware deficiencies in the respective networks. The solutions provided involve changes to existing software systems or the implementation of new software components to maintain the functionality of current systems.
With these activities you will have a great impact on our business:
- Performs activities that combine analytical skills with adequate knowledge of software and hardware technology, in order to develop, test and modify computer systems containing telecommunications software applications, mobile and fixed.
o Remedy software and hardware deficiencies
o Evaluation of software and hardware performance of information systems
- Support for the development and design of customized software solutions, applications in a defined framework and in accordance with the requirements of telecom operators
- Adaptation of software packages using specific machine code programming languages for equipment in order to stabilize customers' telecommunications networks
- Identify faults in GSM, UMTS, LTE, 5G networks and troubleshoot them by modifying or adapting software packages according to a set of technical and design specifications, or sending them to higher technical levels if they are too complex, or the time limit defined for such a troubleshooting, depending on the severity of the project, is in danger of being exceeded
- Testing software packages / applications on the test environment in order to identify and remedy malfunctions, followed by implementation on the production environment
With these skills you are a great candidate:
- English written and spoken
- Operating systems, databases, computer applications specific to mobile and fixed telecommunications
- Basic technical knowledge in 2G / 3G / 4G / 5G / Networking
- Completed higher education, preferably technical (eg: Electronics and Telecommunications, Automation and Computers, Computer Science, etc.)
Sounds like the perfect job? We’ve got even more to offer:
- Work from Home – hybrid approach
- Medical and dental services
- Life and hospitalization insurance
- Dedicated employee phone subscription
- Special discounts for gyms and retailers
- Annual Company Bonus
- Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel on the job and enhance your skills
- You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology
- Getting in on the ground floor of a technology changing company
- Flexible Vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you
- Special Paternal Program - 4 months of paid paternity leave
We recognize and celebrate the importance of diversity and inclusivity in our workplace so that we are as diverse as the customers and communities we serve. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination especially related to but not limited to race, colour, age, veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation, pregnancy, ethnicity, disability, religion, political affiliation, trade union membership, nationality, indigenous status, medical condition, HIV status, social origin, cultural background, social or marital status.
Worried that you don’t meet all the desired criteria exactly? We are passionate about Inclusion for All and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. So, if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align exactly with every part of the job advert, we encourage you to apply as you may be just the right candidate for this role or another role, and our recruitment team can help see how your skills fit in.